Friday, July 20, 2012

Matthew's Update

I was at a large FHE get together with some families from the Santa Clara 3rd ward. (Which we were in before the boundry change) and I realized I hadn't updated my blog in a LONG time, and haven't talked about what's going on with our cute little boy.

At this point, Matthew is still not passing his hearing tests. He is 4 months old and we have since started seeing an Ear Nose Throat Doctor here. She is wanting to waite 30 days, check his hearing one more time, and then discuss the possibility of putting tubes in his ears and doing it before the cold and flu season begins. We have an appointment with her mid August.

I had an appointment for Matthew's 4 month check up, and my pediatrician advised me to start preparing myself and Jeff for Matthew's hearing issues to possibly be not ONLY the fluid situation. We'll see. We'll take one step at a time and hopefully tubes can help somewhat.

This past week we have started watching some sign language video's and the older kids are really enjoying learning that. Jeff and I have talked, and regardless of whether he can hear or not, I think we will still do sign language with him.

He is a cutie pie, and we love him so much. The kid is smothered with kisses everyday. I'll try to be better about posting more information.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Love you my friend!!!! He is such a cutie pie and you are amazing and such a fantastic mama.