I'd like to start with my reasoning as to why I have chosen to post, for all to see, my true thoughts and experiences with running.
1- I think it will make me more accountable and motivated the more people know what I'm trying to do.
2- Maybe, just maybe, someday, I'll actually like jogging and I'll look back and laugh at this.
3- If I can do it, others can to.
4- I hope others find amusement in all this.
So on with my experiences as of late.
By the 3rd day of jogging that SMALL loop around my block, I was actually able to do it without stopping or gagging. I felt pretty dang good about that. The boys wanted to come with me on my 4th day of doing it. I wasn't sure I wanted them because I thought they might slow me down. How quickly my perspective changse on my speed. I decide to let them come and ride their bikes a long with me. They had NO trouble keeping up and actually pushed me a bit. Hmm . . guess I wasn't as fast as I thought.
Now, being honest, I didn't expect to loose 10 pounds at this point. I have only jogged 4 times, at an every other day interval. But I was hoping for a light decrease in the numbers. Even a ½ pound would be a nice motivator. But alas, no loss, just gain. I know what some of you are thinking you'll post as words of encouragment. "Liz, muscle weighs more than fat! You're building muscle." That statement I believe. So how do you explain my pants fitting tighter? Hmm . . I guess I'm just flexing my "muscle" all day long. That's what I'm telling myself. haha.
Now I would like to go back to this summer when Jeff decided he would sit in our lawn chair to put on his shoes. I posted some really funny pictures and the whole story last year for all to see and to embarass my husband. I think I laughed so hard at Jeff that it almost put me into labor with Lucy. To give you an idea, here are the pictures again:
Jeff stuck in the lawn chair. He needed help up, but I ran and got the camera instead.
The lawn chair afterwards.
As I wrote before, I laughed pretty hard at him, and teased him for a while. He was such a great sport about things.
So back to my jogging and gaining weight. I had kind of considered talking myself out of it, justifying that it just wasn't working for me. Until last night, at dinner time, we were all ready to sit down for the prayer to have a BIG dinner. Turkey Spag. Not the most healthy of dishes that I can make. I barely sat down when this happened:
So . . this morning, I went jogging.



6 comments:
I LOVE this post!! You are hilarious! :-) Don't worry, you'll be a GREAT jogger someday! :-)
Lol! I guess what goes around comes around! Jeff's turn to laugh! I so admire you though for actually getting out there and jogging! I've been telling myself that I need to do that for a long time now. I appreciate your honesty on how difficult a process getting into shape is. Keep sharing with us! It is starting to motivate me!
i love how dani says it's *starting* to motivate her. LOL
keep up the good work, mama. you're awesome!
Oh, that darn chair. Did Jeff tease you? Maybe we can start a running blog and motivate each other.
Thanks for sharing this with us. It was a good laugh. And I am NOT laughing at you. You remember MY embarrassing moment I told you about. Keep up the good work, running is hard and something I would never do. I am impressed with those who are willing to do it.
Oh, and turkey spaghetti is much better for you than hamburger spaghetti:)
That was funny, thanks for the laugh. Though, I promise I wasn't laughing AT you. You remember MY embarrassing story I told you, I'm sure.
Anyone who is willing to run for exercise has me impressed. I wouldn't run to save my life! I'd prefer to just act crazy and hope they run away. (thanks to Rach for giving me some tips in that department:)) Keep up the good work, Liz. It will pay off sooner than you think.
Post a Comment