Saturday, July 3, 2010

CELEBRATION

WE DID IT! MBA BABY!

Here we are. It's been 2 years. Jeffrey David  has finally defeated his Goliath. This was a HUGE day for us to celebrate. This has been something Jeff has wanted for as long as we've been together (10 years) and he finally did it. It wasn't easy by all means, but I hope to say it was well worth it. I am so proud of him! Here we are as a family just before graduation!

Thanks to my Mother-in-law we got GREAT seats. We sat 3rd row from the front, and I sat on the aisle edge to get a good picture. Here is Jeff walking down with his class. He's so handsome huh?!

Jeff went through the Oregon Executive MBA program put on by UofO, OSU, and PSU. This is the picture of us at his orientation night. Look how we are smiling, we had NO idea what we were getting ourselves into. School hadn't even begun yet, but he received his books and homework assignments that night.

Here we are ready to leave for the Spouse/Graduate dinner they had at Portland City Grill which is at the top of the US Bank tower down town. I've been asking Jeff to take me there for years, so it was fun to finally go. We had a great night and it was nice to see the spouses of his classmates again.

Graduation was on a Sunday. Odd, I know. We figured since we were breaking the Sabbath by going to graduation why not do it full on and go to a bar?! We ate at Henry's Tavern down town Portland. GREAT food and atmosphere, I strongly recommend it. (no, it wasn't a crazy bar atmosphere)
Back on Valentines day weekend, I saw that costco has their Kayaks out. I bought it right away knowing that once their stock is up, they are GONE! Jeff's sister has been storing it for me at her house for 5 months. We surprised him on Father's day with his graduation gift. He was very excited! Here he is in Wallowa Lake. The day after he graduated we hit the road to go on a family camp out. We had our trailer hooked up, Kayak on top and drove 6 hours to Wallowa Lake.

The only family on my side that made it to the actual Graduation was my Grandma Robbins. Some of my extended family met up with us at Wallowa Lake to help us celebrate Jeff's Graduation. Here is our group of campers. My parents, and my sister Annette and her family. My 83 yr old Grandma came up to camp with us too. We had a great time and there will be more pictures of camping posted soon.

3 comments:

Emy said...

that makes me want to cry, i am SO happy for you all! you did it!!!!!! way to go guys. miss you!

Kirsten said...

Congrats to your wonderful family. Way to go Jeff!!!!

Radke said...

Congratulations! You finally made it! I know it has been a rough couple of years, but what an accomplishment! By the way, you both look fabulous in that picture before the spouse/graduation dinner.