So, our friends, who used to be our neighbors, moved to California in February. I had told Emy that I would come and visit in April, but with schedules and planning it ended up being May. It was just the 3 little munchkins and me. Getting there it took me 10 hours because I didn't plan things right. I ended up arriving in Sacremento at 5:30, just in time to experience beautiful California traffic. We would have made it in about 8.5-9 hours had I planned a little better. The kids traveled GREAT and we only stopped 3 times. Two FAST rest stop breaks, and 1 hour long lunch. The weather was AMAZING and welcoming. I loved their house, and got to meet their neighbors who are super nice. The kids and I had a great trip. We arrived on Thrusday night, and left early Sunday morning. Thanks guys for letting us come and crash at your place!
Here is Emy and Little Miss Clara. Clara took us to see her G-ma and G-pa and all the fun animals at their house. My favorite thing Clara would ask me is "Where are my boys?" meaning Grant and Scottie. She is too cute.
The night before one of the cows had twin babies! We were excited to see them! Here is Clara's Grandpa showing us one of the cute calfs.
Oh how we missed this little girl. It was so good to see their family and watch the kids all play.
Emy and Ben have access to a neighborhood pool so we went swimming. Here are the kids ready to go. Little Man Eli is just the most smiley and cutest little thing.
It was a hot day and the kids had a ball in the pool. Emy and I both agreed that the pool is not to be tackled alone and it's a lot easier having a second pair of hands to help.
Ben played video games with the boys. They LOVED hanging out with Ben.
Clara and the boys getting ready for bed and reading stories. We miss you guys!
G-MA and G-PA VISITS
Jeff's parents came down for the weekend. They hadn't been to our house for a while, so it was really nice having them come and visit. G-pa took the boys bird watching and, of course, to Taco Bell.
A big game of baseball outside. Lucy is even in on it. G-pa is making sure the everyone is playing fair.
G-MA and G-PA VISIT #2
My parents came up early in the month before they left on their big trip to PA. We went to a kiddy pool that the city had stocked with fish for kids to go fishing. The boys had a great time and both caught fish!
Grant and Scottie before we started fishing. Obviously I am an expert fisherwoman. I thought surely we'll get to the pool, drop the line, pull out a fish and be on our way. It didn't occur to me that the boys would have to waite for a fish to bite. I think it took us about 30-40 minutes to get our fish. Next time I'll bring a book to read. haha. j/k.
Grant caught the first one, and Scottie caught one shortly after that. Here he is holding it up, but you can't see the fish very well.
Here is Grant by the fish they caught.
Here is Scottie boy by the fish. As usual Jeff was in school that day so Mommy got the fun job of cutting off the heads and cleaning the fish. Oh how Mommy loves these boys to be willing to clean fish. Ugh. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
If you noticed, there are pictures of the kids playing games with BOTH grandparents. My boys LOVE playing games and anytime anyone comes to visit they take advantage of our visitor and get them playing some kind of game with them.
I woke up one morning to find ALL 3 little munchkins snuggled up with G-Pa.
For Grant's preschool we celebrated his birthday (which isn't until summer time). He wanted to make these candy tractors for all the kids. You can't really tell what they are, but we had fun making them!



3 comments:
Looks like you all had a great time. I remember going fishing when I was a kid and I LOVED it! It is always nice to have the grandparents come for a visit. Oh, and K loved the candy trains, what a great idea!
I'm so glad you had a great trip. The candy trains are sooooooo cute. I love that idea. And what a niice visit with the grandparents. Your kiddos are so cute.
Thanks for coming to see us! We had a great time with you.
Post a Comment