Friday, March 16, 2012

He made it!!!

We checked into the hospital on 03/12 to start the induction process. I was given medication to help my body dilate more. By3:00 am I was having contractions on my own. We started Pitocin at 6:00 am, and he was born at 1:48. He was Sunnyside up. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's when they come face up towards the cieling. Scraping the back of there head long my tail bone and lower back. His head was a bit purple and bruise, and I am a bit purple and bruised as well. haha. He was 8lb 6oz, 20 1/4 inches long, and we chose the name Matthew Thomas. We love him so much already.





He was 3 wks early, they induced me because an ultrasound said he was too big for his gestational age. Due to his size and being 3 wks early, he had to be put through some sugar tests and other things. We stayed an extra day at the hospital. His syblings had a hard time with us gone. They LOVED coming to visit. My favorite thing was Lucy's questions "Where's him hat? Where's him diaper? Who's him Mommy?" I laughed when she asked that one, and told her I was. She looked at me kind of strange like. But now that we are home, I think it's clicked for her.



While at the hospital Matthew had to do the standard hearing test. He did not pass it. They did a total of 3 tests on him and did not pass any of them. This picture is the last test they did, we thought it looked like he had head phones on. We've been told that he could have fluid in his ears and that would drain on it's own. I know he can't hear because if we drop a spoon or make a loud noise, he doesn't jump at all. We'll be taking him in for more tests for his hearing these next few weeks. We are hoping for the best. I have a hard time believing he is deaf because in Utero, when I would make a loud noise like pans banging together, he would jump. That happened many times. If it does come to him not being able to hear, I honestly just feel blessed to have him here with us, and that kind of a complication isn't anything we couldn't handle and tackle.

We love our Mr. Matt.

5 comments:

Dani said...

Little Matt is soooooooo cute! I love the picture of him with his siblings- ADORABLE! Man, have your kids grown...especially Lucy! She is a doll! What a cute family you have!

Olivia didn't pass her 3 hearing tests in the hospital either! I had to take her to a Specialist a few weeks (months?! its a blurr)later here in Vancouver for additional testing, which she did pass. It could just be fluid in his ear. Whatever it is, he is a WONDERFUL blessing and you guys will handle it and tackle it, just like you said! Congrats once again and enjoy that sweet little baby! I'm so happy for you!!!

Paula said...

I'm so glad he's here! He's adorable! The last picture of him is perfect! :-) I hope you are doing well and everything is going good for both of you! xoxoxo

Ashlee said...

Man, he is ADORABLE! Those cheeks are sooo cute! I want to squish them! :) Congratulations. So glad he got here safe and sound! You did a great job on his name. He looks like a happy little man. And your big kids are so cute too! Enjoy him! Good luck with all your testing. He is cute as can be. Thanks for the update!

Emy said...

Oh Liz, I'm so glad to see pictures! That one of your 4 kids all together is my favorite. And Mr. Matt looks like a jolly old soul! I hope you are doing well. I wonder if having a 4th is a big transition, I'll have to call you soon. Much love, Matthew is a handsome guy and we are so happy for you!

Radke said...

He is so precious! Congratulations again! Can't wait to see him in person!