Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mineral Make Up FYI

To anyone who cares:

I have been wanting to try the Bare Minerals make up for a while, but I just can't bring myself to forking out a lot of money for make up. So I have noticed lately that a lot of the other brands are doing a Mineral collection. I did a little research and found that Maybelline, L'oreal and a brand sold at Walgreens, I think it's called Milo? are all supposed to be VERY comparable to Bare Minerals without the cost. I decided to try it out and bought some Maybelline brand mineral foundation and translucent powder. At first as I applied the foundation I thought, Yeah, it's ok, but after I put on the translucent finishing powder I thought "Hmm, Even better!" I saw at Wal Mart and Target there is a starter kit with foundation, concealer and powder for $12 to $14. I really liked how Maybelline worked and when I run out I think I'll try the Milo one just to see. Obviously I liked it enough to post on my blog about it. Hope this helps anyone out there. FYI, sorry if I'm not spelling the brands correctly.

3 comments:

rachel said...

I love that kind of powder. My sister is able to hook me up with some good brand and I love it! (she's an aesthetician and has connections...) :)

Dani said...

I tried the Loreal mineral powder concealer and foundation. I like it but now I'm curious if they have a finishing powder, too. That might make me like it even more. I like using it during the summer for a simple and light coverage. Lately I've been using Revlon's One Step foundation and powder in one and I really like it too! It's not the mineral powder stuff but I like the amount of coverage it gives me ( a little more than the minerals)- it helps even out my skin tones. Also, since it's two steps in one, it takes me less time to put my make up on! Thanks for sharing your info with me! I'm always so curious about all these cool looking products they come out with but I can't buy them all! Blogging about them is a good way to share the info! It can help you decide if the product is worth your money!

Radke said...

I have been interested in Bare Minerals too. But my aunt got me a kit called FreshMinerals from Fred Meyer for Christmas, and I love it!

It comes with two foundations (one for summer and one for winter)touch of sun powder for your cheeks forehead nose and chin, a finishing powder and two eyeshadows. Not to mention the brushes you need to put it all on. It is wonderful and lasts a long time.

I got it last Christmas and just recently had to buy more foundation and finishing powder.
Maybe when I run out next time I will try the L'Oreal one.

Thanks for the info. I love to hear about new stuff and blogging makes it so much simpler when we are so busy with life.