So we had planned to spend the week before Easter with my family in Eastern Oregon. Jeff found out he needed to work so I decided to take the 3 kids and do the 6½ hr drive myself. I was supposed to leave on a Saturday but yet again, my kids were sick. I am so SICK OF BEING SICK! It wasn't just a cold either it was a fever that lasted 6 days with a horrible cough. I couldn't take the kids with fevers! So I postponed it each day to see how my family was doing. When I gave in and cancelled on Tuesday, unpaking everything, Lucy (the last one with the fever) got better. We went all day and night without any fever and just a lingering cough. I got the suit cases back out and re-packed and we were off on Wednesday. Here are the kids excited to see G-ma an G-Pa!
When we got over Cabage Hill and onto Meachum, Grant started saying it felt like a bubble in his ear. I kept telling him to yawn and it will go away. It progressively got worse through the evening. I had waited too long and couldn't go to Urgent care, and I just couldn't bring myself to take him to the the ER for a possible ear infection. Grant and I were up until about 4:00am that night. The next day Grant had a fever and we were off to urgent care. The Doc said it was the worse ear infection he had ever seen. His ear drum was so swollen that it had 3 bumps that were folded on top of eachother. It looked like the ear drum had burst but he couldn't tell because it was so swollen and folded onto eachother. Boy do I feel like a bad mom making him stick it out until morning. We got medication and that kids slept most of the morning.
Scottie enjoyed the time with Grant asleep, he got to play with G-ma and G-pa for most of the day.
Lucy Girl and G-ma. Luc (we pronouce it Loos) loves to pose for pictures.
And finally warmed up to G-ma and G-pa.
G-pa takes Grant to the Cow sale every time we come. Scottie REALLY wanted to go last time we visited but because he wasn't potty trained he couldn't go. He remembered that and talked about getting to go to the cow sale with Grandpa because he goes potty now! Grant was sleeping off the morning with his ear infection so Scottie got to go with G-pa all by himself. He was SO excited. Riding in G-pa's truck is part of the fun.
He couldn't get away from me fast enough!
Grants new obsession. He LOVED playing the game Battleship. If anyone knows my Dad, they know he doesn't enjoy playing games, but Grant somehow suckered my Dad into playing
battleship with him a couple of times.
Growing up we traditionally did a "fun Easter" on Saturday. We would wake up and go on a candy hunt and find candy that the easter bunny had hidden all around the house. Then we would also find our easter pile of presents we got. The kids had a great time and it's fun to find candy that they missed through the day.
Miss Mae found an egg with Jelly beans and she was just fine sitting and shaking that egg for a while. Grandpa was helping her.
Lucy looking at what the Easter Bunny brought her. We had such a great visit even with it cut in half due to fevers and an urgent care visit while we were there.
It actually snowed while I was in La Grande, bad enough to close the passes. I was supposed to head to PDX on Sunday morning to pick up Jeff and be there for my new nephew Sam's blessing. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it. On Sunday morning we checked the road camera and decided to go for it. The kids and I left at around 8:30am. The kids travel best in the morning. We surprised Daddy at how fast we were. We didn't stop the whole 4 hour drive and we got to G-ma Hedgpeths at 12:30. Just in time to do an easter egg hunt at G-ma Hedgpeths. I didn't know they were doing one.
Grant with his Easter Eggs he found so G-ma Hedgpeth could make deviled eggs. He literally got out of the car and went and found these eggs with the other kids. I think he looks a bit car sick from the picture. Ha ha.
Christina decided to bless her new baby Sam on Easter Sunday at her parents house.
Here is Aunt Angie holding little Sam. He is such a sweetheart and loves to give smiles already!
Here is who was in the blessing circle, and we invited
Great-G-pa Jim (far left) to join the guys for the picture.
Here are all the Grandsons of the Hedgpeths. Christopher, Mason, Grant, Scott, and now Sam.
All the Hedgpeth Grandkids except Chase who was sleeping.
Hedgpeth Family Picture. The only one missing is Chase. He is 2 and was taking a nap. Jill is holding his picture up to represent him.
Lucy is at a picky stage right now, and has some seperation anxiety but she did let G-ma Hedgpeth hold her for a little bit. She is hamming it up for the camera.



2 comments:
Hey Liz, glad you survived the burst eardrum. Looks like it was a great trip.
Looks like a great trip. Glad Grant is feeling better. I can't believe how BIG Lucy is! She doesn't look like a baby any more. So adorable!
Post a Comment