I have been called as Young Women's President and the secretary I have is amazingly crafty.(Young Women's president means I am in charge of all the girls 12-18 in our church. We do youth group nights once a week etc.) She came over with a gingerbread family for us. The kids were in HEAVEN. Notice the pregnant Mommy one? She can do amazing things with fondant.She made her own fondant and it tasted SO good.
Scottie poked Grant in the eye with a stick. He didn't act like it hurt him too badly, and then after a couple of days his eye started to turn red. I thought "pink eye" and then remembered that he had gotten injured. We took him in, and thankfully so, he had a small slice in his eyeball. He had to do drops and wear a patch to school for 3-5 days. He was worried the kids would laugh at him, but we decorated each patch each day to make it look cool. One day was a Go Ducks, and this one is a Blazer's one. We are BIG Blazer fans in this house.
We had Christmas with Jeff's family. On Christmas Eve all the little cousins dress up for the Nativity story while Grandpa reads it. Lucy was the star. She took it very seriously. Our story was interrupted by a special visitor.
Mid way through the story Santa came peaking through the window! The kids actually screamed at first, but once we let him in, they all sat at his feet while he read a story of how Santa's gifts are symbolic to the gift from Christ. It was really nice. He called up each child one by one and gave them a special pre-Christmas present. If anyone knows our Lucy girl, they know she doesn't take to people very well. It takes DAYS to break her. When he called her name, she slowly stood, and slowly walked over to him. Jaws dropped. We were all surprised she even approached him, let alone on her own.
I've always wanted to do the Portland Zoo lights. We finally went this year and I LOVED it.
All I wanted for Christmas was a slanted rotating shelf. Jeff isn't a builder, but went to work with scraps we gathered from a neighbors old fence they were replacing. He did a great job. I put a can on one shelf, it rolls to the back, hits the back and drops down to the next shelf where is rolls towards you! I love it.
28 wks shot. I'm feeling HUGE and starting that wonderful stage of being uncomfortable.
Happy Birthday Honey!
That's us in a nutshell. I did have one question to throw out there. We have narrowed names for this little baby down to 3. We like to take at least 3 names with us to the hospital and officially choose one once we see him. I like a catchy middle name so I'm asking for opinions. Here are the first names we like.
Reid
Reid
Blake
Matthew
. I like catchy middle names like our Lucy. Lucy Mae. We use her middle name a lot. Same with the boys. Post some combinations of names you like!



4 comments:
I'm so glad you got out to zoo lights! They're always crazy, but fun! Your kids are getting so big!
Ah, naming babies. The stress I WON'T miss about new babies. :)
I like Reid Matthew. I think Reid goes nicely with Grant and Scott. All nice solid boy names. Blake is nice too. Blake Matthew works well. Do you have the book called Baby Name Wizard? We found Amelia's name on there and decided on it by default (Amelia was sisters to Eliza and Mia was sisters to Ava, so it seemed meant to be!) there's a website too. It's great. Can't wait to hear your news when he comes! You look great!
Forget names, it's story time:
Just this morning (at 5:30!?) Clara and I were cuddling on the couch. Out of the total blue she says:
"I want to marry Scottie."
That used to be a daily thing, but I probably hadn't heard it in about a year. So to be sure, I said:
me: "Scottie who?"
her: "The one that lives with Grant and Liz."
me: "Well Clara, we'll just have to wait to see if you guys love each other when you're older".
her: "BUT I LOVE HIM RIGHT NOW!"
It was cute...and you guys are all missed.
Love this post! Looks like you had a great Christmas and those shelves are amazing, as are the pj's. I would love to have something I sew look that great! You are looking beautiful in your third trimester. I think Grant looks cool with his eye patch.
As for names, I had a hard time with girls but not with boys. Are you wanting new names to go with the 3 first names or are you wanting to pair them together? Paired together I like Matthew Reid.
Every time I see that picture of Grant with his eye patch, it makes me cringe!!!!
Post a Comment